WCG specialises in technical and vocational education, offering training and apprenticeships in almost all industry sectors. We believe strongly in meaningful links between education and business. The Government has also committed to ensuring colleges play a key role in post-Brexit and post-COVID economic recovery.
Each college within WCG serves a distinct locality with varying economic needs and varying challenges. To ensure we recognise the different colleges in the group WCG’s Corporation Board is supported by seven Advisory Boards (one for each college). Advisory Boards are appointed to carry out the following;
- To advise on the educational character of the college and the needs of local stakeholders
- To advise on strategies to respond to local needs and to monitor whether the curriculum matches educational and economic needs
- To receive planning and monitoring information on WCG and advise on strategies to improve the performance of the college
- To develop new links and strengthen existing links with the communities served by individual colleges
- To increase understanding of the local needs in addition to the WCG labour market and other intelligence
- To consider new opportunities within the further and higher education sector, as well as commercial and international developments
- To build opportunities for student work experience, internship and progression into employment
- To encourage closer working between the college, local businesses/employers, community groups and partner organisations
- To raise the profile of the college through the engagement of a range of community representatives
We are seeking additional members of our Advisory Boards to influence our colleges and help create the future workforce. Please contact [email protected] if you are interested in more information.