Customs Declaration Training
Whether you plan to complete customs declarations yourself or use an intermediary to do it for you, this event will give you the practical information you need to ensure the process is completed properly. Post-Brexit there will be new customs processes to follow and new forms to complete. Our training will highlight what you need to know to be able to accurately complete a simple customs declaration.
AgendaDelegates: anyone who needs an understanding of Customs regimes and how to complete a Customs declaration form.
Course pre-requisites: there are no pre-requisites for this course.
Course content is based on the following topics:
- Introduction to Trade
- Business Responsibilities
- Export process
- Import process
- Valuation – explanation of the main methods and their application
- Classification – determining the use of commodity codes
- Using Customs Procedure Codes – use of appropriate CPCs
- Export and import controls
- Customs simplified procedures – explanation of procedures and benefits
- Demonstrate the gathering of information to complete a customs declaration using various example scenarios, covering both export and import, enabling learners to feel confident in their approach to their own declarations
- Explore a number of typical problems and common errors when completing declarations, increasing their ability to apply best practice
- Improve confidence and provide reassurance through an opportunity to bring specific questions or issues to the attention of the trainer
Assessment: no formal exam will be taken however delegates will get to complete simulated forms to ensure they can complete simple customs declarations correctly.
Has HMRC aproved this learning?
Yes, HMRC has been involved in approving the content included in this learning .
This training has been developed by the training provider Knowledgepool and digital learning specialists Brightwave Group in collaboration with key industry partners. It has been made possible through HM Treasury and HMRC's investment in training provision in this area, to help increase capacity of the sector ahead of Brexit.
Please note: Pricing includes additional complementary access to a 3-hour online training course.
Please contact Adele Wheatley [email protected] or 024 7665 4321