The Sustainable Business Summit
Online Zoom Event Once registered, a calendar invite will be sent to you which will contain details and a link to join this event None
The Sustainable Business Series: Net Zero campaign aims to share best practice, guidance and knowledge to improve business know-how and progress to net zero.
In April, the Government legislated a target of a 78% reduction in CO2 eq. emissions by 2035 from 1990 levels (a reduction of approximately 60% from today’s levels), to accelerate progress to the 2050 net zero target. Business and industry will have to adapt to meet this target. Additionally, with COP26 in November, international climate action and associated policies are likely to increase to meet the challenge. This Summit will help you understand your businesses role in progressing to net zero, as well as the opportunities and challenges that will come from the transition.
Businesses we speak with say knowing where to start, what good looks like and how to improve environmental performance for net zero can be difficult. Especially given the lack of time and resources many business owners have.
Join this once a year Summit to acquire the know-how for building a more environmentally sustainable and resilient business.
- Business owners, managers and leaders who are interested in understanding their company’s role in net zero.
- Professionals that want to build a business case for sustainability.
- Discover how businesses, of different sizes and sectors, have embraced their role in decarbonising through expert discussions.
- Gain perspectives from regional and national business leaders on why net zero is important and how the region’s business community is rising to the net zero challenge.
- Understand the financial case for sustainability, as well as the finance available to assist your businesses decarbonisation, through expert discussions.
- Learn business approaches and thinking on achieving net zero.Inform your business strategy and case for net zero and environmental sustainability.
Confirmed speakers include:
Andy Street, Mayor of West Midlands
Professor Hisham Farag, Professor of Finance, Head of Department of Finance, University of Birmingham
Emma Head, Technical Services Delivery Director, HS2
Juliet Mian, Director of Infrastructure Resilience, Arup
Tim Miller, Director of Engagement Energy & Bioproducts Research Institute (EBRI), Aston University
Richard Kirkham, Morgan Sindall Construction & Infrastructure
Jo Gilroy, Head of Sustainability and Environment, Kier Group
Aston University, Aston St, Birmingham B4 7ET
This event has been produced for the Greater Birmingham and Coventry and Warwickshire Chambers of Commerce as part of the 2021 Sustainable Business Series: Net Zero campaign.
The Sustainable Business Series: Net Zero is the Chamber’s first campaign on environmental sustainability, which aims to share best practice, guidance and knowledge on the measures businesses can take, and commercial benefits of, progressing to net zero.
In 2021 this involves 5 free online webinars taking place from the end of September and throughout October and a Sustainable Business Summit on 3rd November. In addition, throughout the campaign, the Chambers will be publishing thought leadership podcasts, videos and blog content.
Thanks to our Headline Sponsors – Aston University, Arup, Morgan Sindall and the University of Birmingham - all webinars are free to attend. Interested parties can find out more and register to attend Sustainable Business Series: Net Zero events here, and the Sustainable Business Summit here.
If you book a place and are unable to attend, please cancel your place in writing, with 24hrs notice, by emailing [email protected]