Customs Compliance & AEO Workshop
Wednesday 20th February 2019
£250.00 + VAT
£295.00 + VAT
For further information or to book your place on the workshop please contact Adele Wheatley [email protected] or 024 7665 4186.
To sponsor this event call our events team on:
Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce Chamber House Unit 8 & 9 Innovation Village Cheetah Road West Midlands CV1 2TL
Understanding customs compliance and the AEO framework is a key element of many businesses Brexit preparations. This workshop will help you understand the AEO application process and how the scheme, and other customs authorisations such as Inward Processing, could help your business minimise supply chain disruption now and post-Brexit. This workshop is the perfect next step for companies that have attended our Brexit Planning Workshop.
What is Authorised Economic Operator? (AEO)
AEO is an internationally recognised quality mark indicating that your role in the international supply chain is secure and that your customs controls and procedures are efficient & compliant.
Benefits include: Fast track shipments through customs, faster applications for inward processing and other customs authorisations. Establishment of sound policies & procedures reducing shipment delays.
There is growing interest in AEO as more and more companies around the world are using the scheme. AEO has also been referenced by the government and various trade specialists in proposals for a future customs partnership with the EU post-Brexit.
Why Attend This Workshop?
This workshop will help you understand the AEO scheme and how to navigate the application process. It will also give you a grounding in the key aspects of Customs Compliance when trading internationally which is an important issue for any business involved in importing and exporting. Join our workshop to:
- Understand the scheme and its practical benefits
- Understand the various aspects of Customs Compliance when trading internationally
- Understand the application process and Identify the key elements within the audit
- Look at the different sections regarding safety, security and customs
- Look at the types of policies & procedures that may be required with practical examples
- Look at next steps and actions for your business
Who should come along?
- Managers/Directors with responsibility for customs control & compliance
- Financial/supply chain/logisitc managers
- Import/ Export Administrators who have responsibilities for controlling customs declaration
How to book:
We have a limited number of places available and expect high demand. If you wish to book your place please contact Adele Wheatley [email protected] or 024 7665 4186.
Full cancellation charges will apply if cancelled within 14 days of the event