To sponsor this event call our events team on:
Do you want to get your business Brexit ready but dont know where to start? This workshop is designed for businesses that import & export and will cover the various aspects of international trade that will be affected by leaving the EU. It will also look at what steps you can take to prepare including conducting a supply chain audit, reviewing your customs processes and special procedures such as inward processing, outward processing and the AEO scheme.
This exciting workshop will bring you up to speed with the Brexit process and the key practical aspects of international trade that will be affected by Brexit including:
The Exit Process – What’s happening and when
Trade Now and After Brexit:
- How trade currently works with the EU and what will change
- The current Single Market and Customs Union Model
- Current Free Trade Agreement’s through the EU
The Post-Brexit Trading Models:
- Customs Union, Single Market, Free Trade Agreement and their practical implications for importers and exporters
- No Deal Implications
- Practical Considerations such as tariffs, import VAT, customs declarations etc
Practical Steps to Take such as:
- Conducting a supply chain audit
- Using special procedures to minimise impact – for example IPR, OPR, AEO etc”
Full cancellation charges will apply if cancelled within 14 days of the event
- David Hooper
- Company Director, Hooper & Co.
David Hooper MBA, has worked in International Trade and Economic Development for 20 years including 5 years working for HMRC. He is now Director of Independent Freight Solution Ltd based in Nuneaton, Warwickshire, who are a freight forwarder that also provide specialist advice, consultancy and training regarding customs and compliance related issues. David has an extensive knowledge of World Wide Customs Compliance and in 2016 Independent Freight became an Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) for Customs and Security. Over the last few years David has been asked to give talks and presentations to business on customs compliance rules and regulations and guidance on how Brexit could affect business exporting and importing in the future. David has a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with Distinction from Aston University in 2004 and a degree in Economics, Politics and Philosophy from the Open University. David also sits on the Coventry of Commerce Brexit Committee.