An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part-time Premises, Facilities and Health & Safety Officer; this role will be responsible in providing a professional first point of contact service for staff and suppliers regarding the premises at Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce.
It is desirable that the candidate poses a good level of maintenance and administrative experience, organisational and time management skills and is able to prioritise workloads to address ever changing demands. The role requires the candidate to be flexible during working hours as well as being able communicate at all levels with the understanding of importance of maintaining good supplier relations.
Responsibilities of the role:
- General management of the Chambers premises and facilities.
- Key holder for the premises and to liaise with Alarm Company/security if necessary.
- Regularly liaising with suppliers and overseeing work being carried out when required.
- Initiating weekly Fire Alarm and Emergency release door testing.
- Leading on Health & Safety across the company adhering to risk assessments.
- Leading on Fire evacuation process and fire risk inspections following Warden training.
- First point of contact for staff for general maintenance queries/issues.
- Keeping up to date with new government legislation regarding building/premises regularities.
- Flexibility, being on-call on non-working days for emergencies is desirable.
- General maintenance duties where required i.e. replacement of light bulbs, management of supplies.
- Report any work which would require outside assistance and obtain quotes for jobs.
- Ensuring that the Company’s quality standards are maintained.
- Carry out other tasks with the scope of the position as directed.
Liaising with Suppliers on the following work:
- PAT testing.
- Air conditioning.
- Water risk assessments.
- Lift inspections.
- Lightening conductor testing.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Emergency lighting system.
- Regular electrical work.
- Flexibility, being on-call on non-working days is desirable.
- Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility.
- Confident in working with a range of external suppliers.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong time management and organization skills around deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise duties.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience required for this position, please submit a letter of application together with a C.V to Matthew Hammersley (HR Advisor) – [email protected]