This is a diverse role to ensure the continual development of the marketing strategies, authoring and production of marketing material and the execution of campaigns for a market leading consumer show. The candidate will have experience in utilising a brand and maintaining an online identity to ensure growth for the show. The ideal candidate must demonstrate both traditional and digital marketing experience, ample knowledge in a consumer focused event environment to achieve and exceed revenue targets and performance objectives.
Grandstand Media Limited is a team of specialists with many years’ experience planning, organising and running equine events. Most notably Horse of the Year Show (Birmingham, CSI 3*) which GML has organised since 1997 the event now welcomes over 60,000 visitors in October at the NEC. The British Showjumping National Championships and Stoneleigh Horse Show was added to the company profile in 2015.
This is a full time position located at the GML offices at Stoneleigh Park. Additionally during an event the applicant will be required, along with the company’s other personnel (at the expense of the company) to be based at the host venue of the event. This currently involves staying at the NEC Birmingham for up to ten days in October and at NAEC Stoneleigh in
August each year.
This person will report directly into the Event Director. This is a role with a high level of responsibility and would suit a proactive person that has excellent management experience.
- Working with the Event Director and Heads of Departments to develop and deliver the marketing strategy, plans and initiatives to meet strategic objectives and KPI’s for the events and services we offer.
- Ability to create, manage and deliver engaging and powerful marketing campaigns within budget and monitoring and reporting on ROI.
- Report on the performance of various marketing campaigns, including digital channel analytics (eshots, social and web).
- Advice and guidance in all aspects of traditional, digital and online marketing to increase quality enquiries, brand and product awareness and penetration.
- Custodian of our brand guidelines and marketing plans.
- Support the sales and operational teams to evaluate customer research, market conditions, and competitor data to produce effective and engaging marketing plans.
- Developing an annual marketing budget and delivering effective marketing and sales promotion content and activity on time and within budget.
- Management of event participation at various industry events and award functions.
- Internal communication across all business divisions and external suppliers / partners.
- Sourcing, building and managing databases to maximise sales promotion activities, ensuring all data is compliant with data protection regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate capture and maintenance of data.
- Management of external suppliers including Website.
- Work with the various teams to create effective sales collateral, presentations, proposals and lead generation campaigns.
- Copywriting for promotional material, website and press releases.
- Ensure accurate use of CRM system and data management.
- Be knowledgeable about the business sector, customers, competitors and products to sell the events and the products/services to new and existing customers effectively.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proven track record of a succeeding against sales targets, creating, managing and delivering complex marketing campaigns in an events related sector.
- At least three years marketing experience ideally working in an events industry
- A strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Creativity and initiative in a marketing environment.
- Results driven - a good work ethic, positive ‘can do attitude’, hunger for new business and a desire to succeed.
- Proven capability to manage and lead a team in a high performing and fast paced environment.
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills - excellent attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Relationship building skills that help build trust and rapport with new, existing and lapsed customers.
- Interest in keeping up to date with current issues within the business sector and the event industry as a whole.
- Proficient in the use of CRM systems and MS Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Competitive salary
- Hours of work Monday-Friday inclusive, 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Working at events may require a minimum of 8 weekend days
- The applicant must understand the requirement for extra hours (within the basic salary contract) both prior to and during the Events.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV AND COVERING LETTER TO:
[email protected] BY 26/04/2019