- Controlling bleeding
- Managing basic fractures, sprains and burns
- Applying cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Applying the recovery position
- Understanding how to communicate and delegate responsibility in an emergency
- Managing an unconscious casualty
- Identifying the contents for a first aid box
- Understanding the importance of record keeping
Who should attend?
Every employer is recommended by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) to have at least one Emergency First Aider in place to deal with accidents and emergency situations. Although not all organisations require a qualified First Aider, they must appoint a person to take charge of first aid provision. This course will provide the nominated First Aider with the knowledge and techniques to administer First Aid assistance. This course is also ideal for individuals, lone workers or employees of smaller low risk organisations and provides a good basic insight into First Aid procedures and techniques.
The terms and conditions specified below are a statement of a binding agreement between the parties and shall apply from when a booking is accepted.
Should you wish to cancel a booking, you will receive a full refund, providing notification is received in writing (via letter, fax or email) full 14 days before the course. If a booking is made within the 14 day period any cancellations will incur a full charge. Where a course is free or funded, a charge in full will be made if cancelled inside the 14 day period. Transfers to new dates constitute a cancellation if not notified in the required period prior to the course date.