After attending this course delegates will understand:
- How to use first aid equipment, including the contents of a first aid box
- Understanding the duties of employers and the legal framework
- Recognising the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures
- Acting safely, promptly and effectively with emergencies at work
- Understanding cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Managing casualties who are unconscious
- Dealing with shocks, burns and scalds
- How to control of bleeding
- Maintaining simple records
Who should attend?
First Aid trained personnel in the workplace ensures that organisations comprehensively fulfill their responsibilities towards the safety of customers and staff. First Aiders can act to prevent situations becoming worse and can reduce potential liability claims. This statutory Health & Safety Executive course complies with current health & safety first aid regulations and successful delegates will be awarded a certificate confirming that they are a qualified First Aider and are licensed for 3 years.
The terms and conditions specified below are a statement of a binding agreement between the parties and shall apply from when a booking is accepted.
Should you wish to cancel a booking, you will receive a full refund, providing notification is received in writing (via letter, fax or email) full 28 days before the course. If a booking is made within the 14 day period any cancellations will incur a full charge. Where a course is free or funded, a charge in full will be made if cancelled inside the 28 day period. Transfers to new dates constitute a cancellation if not notified in the required period prior to the course date.