After attending this course delegates will be able to:
- Understanding the types of communication including oral, written, visual, electronic along with the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Overcoming barriers to effective communication
- Recognising how to be assertive without demonstrating aggressive behaviour
- Handling difficult people in a positive manner
- Understanding the use of feedback to check effectiveness of communication
Who should attend?
Establishing your personal communication style and identifying how it impacts on others will have a positive effect on you and those around you. Delegates will learn the essential skill of communication and how to use their style to influence others, remain in control and develop self confidence when managing personal interaction.
The terms and conditions specified below are a statement of a binding agreement between the parties and shall apply from when a booking is accepted.
Should you wish to cancel a booking, you will receive a full refund, providing notification is received in writing (via letter, fax or email) full 14 days before the course. If a booking is made within the 14 day period any cancellations will incur a full charge. Where a course is free or funded, a charge in full will be made if cancelled inside the 14 day period. Transfers to new dates constitute a cancellation if not notified in the required period prior to the course date.